Six Degrees is committed to the protection and well-being of all members, including vulnerable individuals such as children or adults at risk. This Safeguarding Policy outlines our commitment to creating a safe and inclusive environment and establishes policies and procedures to ensure the well-being and protection of vulnerable groups.
This policy applies to all members, employees, volunteers, and any other individuals involved with Six Degrees. It covers all aspects of our activities, including membership, events, services, and communications, both in-person and online.
3. Our Commitment
We are committed to:
- Promoting the well-being and safety of all members, with particular attention to vulnerable individuals
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines related to safeguarding vulnerable groups
- Providing appropriate training, guidance, and support to our members, employees, and volunteers to promote safeguarding awareness
- Responding promptly and appropriately to any concerns, incidents, or allegations of abuse or harm
4. Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the well-being and protection of vulnerable groups, including:
- Conducting background checks on employees, volunteers, and members who work directly with vulnerable individuals, as required by law or deemed necessary by the organisation
- Establishing clear procedures for reporting and responding to concerns, incidents, or allegations of abuse or harm involving vulnerable individuals
- Ensuring that our facilities, events, and online platforms are accessible and safe for vulnerable groups
- Providing appropriate supervision and support for vulnerable individuals during events and activities
5. Reporting and Responding to Concerns
Members, employees, and volunteers are encouraged to report any concerns, incidents, or allegations of abuse or harm involving vulnerable individuals to a designated safeguarding officer or appropriate member of staff. Six Degrees will:
- Respond promptly and appropriately to all reports, taking any necessary action to ensure the safety and well-being of those involved
- Investigate allegations in accordance with established procedures and involve relevant authorities as necessary
- Provide appropriate support and resources to those affected by abuse or harm, including access to counselling or other support services
6. Training and Support
We will provide appropriate training and guidance to our employees, volunteers, and members to ensure they understand their responsibilities in promoting safeguarding and are able to contribute to a safe and inclusive environment.
7. Review and Monitoring
This policy will be reviewed regularly to ensure its continued effectiveness and compliance with relevant laws and regulations. We will monitor our facilities, events, and online platforms to identify any areas for improvement and take action as needed.